Tickets to all WORD Christchurch events are accessible via the events on our website – follow the links on the right-hand side of each page, or click here for a list of shows you can book through our own ticketing system.
Tickets to all events at WORD Christchurch Festival are accessible via the events on our website:
We are managing the ticketing for all events other than the Dan Carter event at the James Hay Theatre, which is managed via Ticketek.
PHONE: + 64 20 410 299 27
CALLING HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm, Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays Closed
Concession tickets are available to Gold Card holders, students with ID and unwaged. Service fees as above.
Where possible, if not already sold out, door sales will be available from one hour before the session from the relevant venue. Please note door sales are strictly limited and we advise booking early to avoid disappointment. Door sales will be the advertised standard ticket price plus service fees.
All tickets purchased are subject to booking and service fees as outlined below.
WORD Christchurch managed ticketing: $2 per ticket booking fee plus credit card/service fee surcharge 3%
Ticketek: please see their website.
ACCESSIBILITY AND SEATING REQUIREMENTS
If you require any assistance with seating or need to make a wheelchair and/or companion booking please call the WORD Christchurch box office directly on 020 410 299 27 or email email@example.com
FREE EVENTS – Capacity for free events is limited and we advise arriving early to secure a seat. Seats will not be able to be held. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to event to secure your seat.
- Ticket prices are GST inclusive and subject to availability.
- General Admission events do not have allocated seating.
- Tickets are non-transferable between events, unless switching from an in-person to an at-home ticket.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on lost or stolen tickets.
- There are no exchanges or refunds on ticket price or service fees except as required by law.
- We reserve the right not to admit latecomers until a suitable point in the session.
LIVESTREAMS, LIVE TICKETS AND COVID
Each event page indicates whether or not livestream tickets are available. In the event that government COVID restrictions prevent you from attending, either through limiting venue capacity or preventing live audiences from attending entirely, where possible, your in-person tickets will automatically convert to livestream tickets so you can watch the event at home.
PROGRAMME CHANGES AND UPDATES
WORD Christchurch Festival reluctantly reserves the right to change the schedule, speakers or replace sessions. Any unavoidable changes will be advertised on the festival website, and through our social media networks. In the event of a cancellation, the ticket price will be refunded. There will be no postponements. Transaction/service fees are non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation, please consider donating the value of the ticket to WORD Christchurch, we would very much appreciate your support.
Keep updated by subscribing to the WORD Christchurch newsletter.
Book signings at WORD Christchurch Festival are at our writer’s discretion. We encourage you to still support our writers by purchasing their books, either from the UBS bookshop at The Piano, or ordering online from www.ubscan.co.nz.
TICKETING AND COVID
Before the event:
- We strongly encourage you to get vaccinated or boosted before attending.
- Stay home if you are unwell or if you have been asked to isolate yourself.
- The safety of our audience and our writers is paramount: please wear a mask while you’re at WORD Christchurch events.
During the event:
- Most of our events are general admission. Please feel free to spread out as much as you can, depending on how full the session is.
- Please feel free to wear a mask during the sessions.
- We’ll have hand sanitiser in all of our venues, please use it.
After the event:
- Our writers will decide whether or not they’d like to do book signings. We’ll let you know as soon as we can whether these will happen at each session but you can still support the authors by purchasing their books – please do!
If you can’t come to a session that is getting livestreamed then you can swap your tickets so that you can still enjoy the event from the comfort of your own home. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions around this.
If you would like to support WORD Christchurch during these difficult times, we’d be grateful. You can make a donation using the form on the right, or sign up to become a supporter using the button below. Thank you!
P O Box 29 270
Box Office: +64 20 410 299 27
Office Phone: + 64 3 3775313